Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sleep syndrome

Returning home from office in the evening, I found my f-i-l tired and stressed out and asleep. He had cataract removed from this eye the day before and was adviced rest. The super-enthu and ever-active person sleeping in the evening time took me by surprise. I had expected with his new vision, he would have drowned himself in the day's newspaper or telling stories about the smart and beautiful doctor ;)
He realised I am home and was asking me to eat something, drink coffee.. all in mumbles though. I was bit worried to see him this way. I never imagined the operation would put him down to such extent. Me, my hubby and m-i-l went 'Yeah he is very tired'... 'He might be in deep pain, he doesn't express though'... 'Its difficult to bear pain with growing age'... 'This is the first time I am seeing him like this'...

Later in the night when I was getting the pills to be given after dinner, my m-i-l said she had already given one of those in the afternoon itself. This particular one was supposed to be given only after dinner - it was for sleep! Instantly I realised the cause for his behaviour through the evening!

We had a good laugh... 'Good Night, nothing to worry'!

Hope to see his usual self tomorrow!

No comments: