Thursday, April 9, 2009

Two rupee soul

I was having my usual morning tea-break in office, standing by the gallery on the canteen first floor. Suddenly, one of the two rupee coins I was holding in my hands, slipped and before I could react, the gravity was pulling it down, and it graciously went flipping its sides. The next moment I saw a security gaurd running across, unaware that coin might land on his head! [It was a mathematical puzzle - the coin falling on the ground from hieght x and a man 5.7" tall started running from a distance of y meter at a speed of z km/hr. Will the coin hit him? this is v complex problem for me!] Whatever the answer to the puzzle, he had just missed the coin and it alighted on the granite floor with a metallic melody. The securty fellow halted, turned back, saw the coin and looked up at me. I gave him a hand signal to say 'Its ok, I will pick it'. But he walked back 4/5 steps, picked the coin and started running again. I thought he is such a good-hearted, modest person - coming up all the way to give me a sada two rupee ka coin. I was all ready with a 'Thank You' note and started moving towards the staircase. One minute gone and I din't see him coming up. I had not seen his face clearly, he might have seen me, I thought. Another minute gone and still nobody, by this time I had finished sipping tea and I also realised he had ran away with my coin!!! (No regrets though, just surprised)

Was I too quick in judging that person? Is the world not all that good?

No comments: